Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Birthday AFF!

❤💙💛

It's kind of hard to imagine that it's already been one year since the release of Air For Free. I vividly remember Mrs. Hippopotamuses' being the first song that played when I gave the album a listen for the first time, and it's now one of my all time favorites from the album.

This time last year I was just beginning to develop a deeper love for Relient K. I considered myself a casual fan, having listened to Collapsible Lung, FANSD, and a handful of songs from the older albums. But this album is what cemented that love for this band. Something about it felt right and resonated with me. It held my hand through some hard times and helped me draw closer to my faith in God.

By August, I'd bought tickets to see them on the Looking For America tour and I kept a daily countdown. Then finally October rolled around. Between the time I bought my tickets and the day of the concert, it hadn't really hit me that I was going to see them play live, until my mom and I arrived at the parking garage. I was fine until I started walking across the street, then the tears hit.

I'm sure in that moment I looked like one of those crazy fangirls, but I didn't even really care. I was so overwhelmed with joy and happiness I didn't know how to react other than cry happy tears!

Music has and always will be an important part in my life. Words through music seem to impact me so much more than if they're just spoken. Music inspires me to create everyday and I'm so thankful for it. I'm thankful for the band, Relient K, and I'm thankful for each and every person who reads this blog. Starting this thing was one of my best decisions yet!

So I just want to ask: what does Air For Free mean to you?

For the past few weeks, I've been asking people to make a little sign with a few words (or none, if you just can't put the feelings into words) that explains what the album means to you. I've had a few people ask, so you have until the end of the month to get them in. Tweet or post them on instagram with the hashtag #AFFBirthdayProject!

I can't wait to see everyone's designs and what they have to say.

Thank you again, Relient K. I can't say how much you mean to me.

- Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment