Thursday, March 9, 2017

Vinyl Unboxing: Live 2009 (MSSS Series, Part 4)

It is finally time for the final part to the Merch Store Shopping Spree series! If you're new here, last December I went a little... crazy, I guess you could say. I purchased 3 vinyl (Air For Free, Collapsible Lung, and Live 2009) and the 2016 tour shirt... And then I decided to write about it on here.

So, that being said, let's get to it!



Starting on the outside, the record in housed in a regular singlefold cardboard jacket, the front cover art being a black and white photo that Jake Germany snapped during the Looking For America tour.



The back cover show the six song track listing, and is as follows:

SIDE A

Forget and Not Slow Down

The One I'm Waiting For

I Don't Need A Soul

SIDE B

The Thief

Be My Escape

Who I Am Hates Who I've Been



And finally, inside is a standard ten inch black vinyl. If you happened to pre-order this album (I, unfortunately, did not) you would have gotten a special pre-order only laminate!
This album sounds lovely when played, and it's so short you can listen to the whole thing in one sitting (which I love). One of my favorite parts is when the crowd sings along in Be My Escape! It reminds me of when I saw Relient K live. :)

Lastly, before I go, I'd like to wish a late but very happy 10th birthday to Five Score and Seven Years Ago! There has been talk of a tenth anniversary tour...



...and then there's this little mysterious thing.


A post shared by Relient K (@relientk) on



First seen on the Relient K Instagram story, It seems as if the guys are going to be releasing a special edition 7 inch vinyl of Five Score, maybe with a few select songs, or perhaps just Deathbed. Whenever I get more information, you guys will be the first to know!

Don't blink,
Sahara

No comments :

Post a Comment